Monday, April 28, 2014

˚tutorial˚ No-Sew Bed Skirt from a Curtain

When we moved we sold all of our bedroom furniture except for our mattress. I was tired of the random pile of blankets we had on our bed and the clunky bedroom furniture. 

During our bed makeover, I could not seem to find a bed skirt I liked that was affordable and I didn't want to spend a small fortune just to cover up the few things I have stored under there. 

After I discovered that are enormously large window needed three curtain panels instead of just two, I had an idea!


I cut the curtain in half the long way. Then, starting at the head board, I safety pinned it to my box springs. 


As I went, I covered the safety pins with a small piece of masking tape so that the pins didn't damage the sheet or the mattress that rested on it.


My bed is a queen size, and my panel ended a little bit after one long side.


I just pinned the grommets around the corner, and started pinning the other half of the curtain panel.


I kept pinning and wrapping the bed skirt around the edge of the bed until I ran out. I didn't make it all the way around, but it didn't matter because part of my bed is really close to a wall. No one will ever know. But, I could have cut up one last panel and continued around and then make a throw pillow from the last half.


Luckily my blanket covers the somewhat awkward corners and no one will ever know that I used a curtain panel as a bed skirt. Except you. 



So the next time you are looking for a bed skirt, check in the curtain isle. With a pair of scissors, safety pins, masking tape and about 15 minutes, you might have the perfect bed skirt.

Don't forget to check out where I party.

4 comments:

  1. I have the same curtains in my room. Love the color. Great job on the bed skirt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love anything No-Sew! That is a great idea! :-) Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very creative! Never would have thought of that...thanks for sharing at Share Your Stuff Tuesdays & stopping by to comment :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks awesome! I love that you didn't even have to sew it! I also have a ruffle that doesn't go all the way around my bed, but one side is against the wall so it doesn't matter. Pinned! Thanks for linking up to Create Link Inspire ;o)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...