Wednesday, April 30, 2014

˚recipe˚ Blender Banana Cake

When I was little, I hated bananas. Even as a baby. Then I went to China for a few months during college and bananas were the only thing that reminded me of home. Naturally I grew to like them. Unless they are really ripe. One little brown spot and I won't eat them. So, I tend to have a stock pile of brown frozen banana's in my freezer. I just throw them in there and wait for a few to pile up. Once I have two or three, I break out my Blender Banana Cake recipe. Delicious and oh-so-easy.
 

If I plan ahead, I take the bananas out of the freezer 30 minutes ahead of time. If  I don't plan ahead (usually), I just run them under warm water for a minute until the peel is soft enough to peel. 


Then I get my buttermilk going. Put 1/2 vinegar in a measuring cup and then fill it up to 1/2 c. with milk. Let it stand for 10 minutes. 

While the buttermilk is sitting, add the sugar, oil, bananas, eggs, and baking soda into the blender. When the buttermilk is curdled, add that too. Blend it up until it is nice and smooth. 


Mix the dry ingredients (flour, making powder, and salt) in a large bowl.


Add the contents of the blender.


And mix with a fork until just combined. 


Then pour everything into a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan. Throw some nuts on the top if you are in to that. Or even add chocolate chips! Mr. Candid hates when I do that. He is a nutty banana bread guy through and through. (Note: this recipe only makes one 9 x 12 pan. I was feeding a lot of mouths so I doubled it!)


 Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until cooked all the way through.  


And then gobble it up!


Recipe:

Dry Ingredients:
2 C flour (one white and one wheat is yummy)
2 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt

Blender Ingredients:
1.5 c. sugar
1/2 c. vegetable oil
3 eggs
1/2 c. buttermilk*
3 ripe bananas (you can get away with 2 if you don't have three)
1 t. baking soda

*To make buttermilk, put 1/3 T. vinegar in a measuring cup and add milk to make 1/2 c. Let stand 10 minutes or so.

Directions:

Make buttermilk if you need to. Blend up everything that goes until the blender until smooth. Mix with dry ingredients until just mixed in. Pour into a lightly greased 9 x 13 pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 35-45 minutes. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...