Monday, October 3, 2011

˚tutorial˚ Picnic Wedding: Sign Bows

Can I just give a shout out to all the single moms out there. How in the world do you work full time and still take care of your kids without being completely exhausted at the end of the day? The kid I am taking care of right now knows how to go potty in the big-boy toilet, doesn't throw fits, and is 28 years old and I still fall into bed at night completely exhausted. 

Remember this injury? Well, it isn't better yet. And it makes me tired.

Anyway....

Do you remember the signs the little sis made for her vintage picnic wedding here? Well, I made the bows for them. And I'm here to teach you how.


First, I stapled a piece of crafting wire onto the front of the sign (with a staple gun).


Next I took a piece of tulle and folded it back and forth until I had a nice bunch of tulle about 12 inches in length. I placed it over the staple and wire about 1/3 inch from the top of the tulle and twisted the wire around it a few times.


Next, I took 24 inches of pink and turquoise ribbon and sandwiched them in between a yellow bow like the one I made here.


Next I fed the crafting wire through the center loop of the yellow bow and twisted the ends to secure the bow. (Make sure you include the pink and turquoise ribbon). 


Use wire cutters to clip the wire.


And arrange the bow so it looks delicious.


And then make about 10 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...