Monday, October 17, 2011

˚tutorial˚ Picnic Wedding: Boxed Lunches and The Day Before...

Are you tired of vintage picnic wedding tutorials? 
I have decided that although I have a few more to share, I wouldn't prolong the agony of waiting any longer. So, today I will share a last few pieces of the wedding, and Wednesday will be the big day. 

Vintage picnic wedding reveal.

So there we were. The day before. Frantically finishing the final touches.

First, the box lunches. Mom made and froze the pork a few weeks ago for pulled pork sandwiches, but the pasta salad had to be made and the chips had to be bagged.

I created these food labels for the pasta salad lids, the chip bags, and the wrapped sandwich. It was just one of those little details that the bride was excited about. I used Adobe Illustrator to create the designs, and ordered the only square labels I was able to find from here. They were a good deal too. I just printed them on our printer here at home. 



The gang chopped onions and Mom cooked lots of pasta salad noodles. 



And while some of the girls bagged chips....


...others loaded them into the gable boxes with a decorative wax tissue paper, a napkin, and utensils. 


And even more people tagged them (tutorial on wedding tags here) and set them up, ready to be used on demand tomorrow.


The pasta salad would be finished tomorrow (along with the pulled pork sandwich) by some extra hired help. That way each boxed lunch would be fresh.

And while we hustled around, little 7-week old baby Owen took a nap with his snuggy.


And our makeshift craft room looked like this. Less than 24 hours away.


If it rained and had to be held inside the house, we would be in big trouble.

But...luckily it didn't rain. And luckily we didn't have to hold it in the house

And luckily it all came together much better than we thought it would. 

And...the bride was ecstatic.

So, come back Wednesday and get the whole picture.

I know you have waited a very long time.

1 comment:

  1. The anticipation is killing me, and i'm serious. Neither Zack or I have seen any reception pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...