Wednesday, September 14, 2011

˚recipe˚ Easy Spaghetti on Steroids

This spaghetti is not really on steroids. Its just beefed up with a few ingredients.

My mom makes a really good slow cooker spaghetti sauce that calls for all sorts of delicious ingredients. Mmm...maybe one day you will get that recipe. 

Today I want to share the holy-cow-I-am-really-busy-but-still-want-to-feed-my-family-vegetables recipe.

This version is the EASY spaghetti sauce version. Don't believe me? I used my favorite canned spaghetti sauce and give it some steroids. How about that for easy.

When we need an EASY recipe, this is what we do:

1. Boil noodles
2. Brown some ground beef (if you eat that sort of thing)
3. Saute vegetables (garlic, onion, carrots, celery, zucchini, squash, mushrooms)
4. Combine the beef and vegetables and a can of your favorite spaghetti sauce
5. Add a good amount of dried basil
6. Let it simmer for a bit (10ish minutes)
7. And EAT it. (We like to top it with Parmesan cheese and fresh basil.)

EASY, EASY.....and vegetable packed too!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...