Wednesday, August 31, 2011

˚tutorial˚ Picnic Wedding: No-Sew Pennant Banners Part 3

Are you sick of pennant banner tutorials? This is the last one. You can find part 1 and 2 here and here.

We decided to attach the small pennants with mini (1") clothes pins, so the banners needed to be glued together first.



I used this glue and it worked great, although I am sure anything spray adhesive would work.


I found a piece of cardboard and laid a bunch of them out (wrong side up). I used the spray adhesive to put a light coat across all of them. (I held the can about 10 inches from the cardboard so it wouldn't blow the pennants away with the spray.)


And then I did this and got my fingers really sticky!


After each batch I set them out to dry on the only large, flat space I had. The stairs!




And I tested out the clothespins before I stuck them in the suitcase and headed to Utah. Had to make sure it looked good. What do you think? 





3 comments:

  1. clever & no sew...super cool. Here via sew much ado link party...just became your newest follower and would love for you to do the same when you have a chance.

    Have a great time in utah...be safe.
    hugs
    tina

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not crafty at all, so excuse my ignorance and my admiration. That being said, I've been waiting to see the pendants that go on the banners...and there aren't any. Do you mean pennant banners?

    Either way, what a beautiful labor of love for your sister. I always wish I were more crafty...and then I see posts like this that show exactly how time intensive these kinds of projects are...and then I realize that maybe I have gifts in other areas, and that's okay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! Lindsay, great catch! I definitely mean pennant. I will change that right now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...