Friday, August 12, 2011

˚kitchen tip˚ Steaming and Boiling

No...I didn't fall off the face of the planet. Yes...I do have a million projects to show you. How could I not with a wedding exactly one week away. Boy have we been busy. 

But for today (since wedding projects and school papers are still in full swing around here) I just have a simple kitchen tip.

The other day I was making spaghetti. I wanted steamed asparagus on the side, BUT I didn't want to boil water twice. 

So...

I simply boiled the noodles...


And put the steamer on top with the asparagus in it.


By the time the noodles were finished, my asparagus was done. Talk about killing two birds with one pot of boiling water.


And there were no funny tastes either. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...