Thursday, June 9, 2011

˚cleaning tip˚ Smelly Sinks

A few days ago I kept smelling a horrible stench coming from our sink. When I stuck my nose closer to the disposal my eyes almost started watering. Needless to say, it was time for my favorite cleaning friends to come out and play.

Vinegar and Baking Soda.

First, I ran the disposal with water running to make sure I cleaned all the big gunk out that may have been stuck down there. Next I poured a heap of baking soda down the drain.


Down went the vinegar afterwards. I let is sit and bubble for about 15 minutes before I rinsed everything down.

Ahhhh! Much better. And just in case you need another trick, try grinding up your orange/lemon/lime peels every once in awhile. Gives it a nice citrus smell.

Happy sink de-smelling!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...