Friday, April 1, 2011

˚excuses˚ The Finished Project

Do you remember when I made this excuse? Well, I finally have a finished project, and a sad story to tell you. 
Recently, I have had two close friends that have given birth to stillborns around 20 weeks along. Makes me get a little teary eyed just telling you about it. Since I now live in Texas, and they don't, it is a little hard to know what to do to help them through such a hard time. So, I created quilts for each of my friends.

The first friend named her baby girl Willow. This is the quilt I made for her:



The second is for a little boy. They put "our little trail blazer" on his head stone. I thought a trail with trees was appropriate.



And that is my excuse for MIA. Hopefully these little gifts will help heal their broken hearts.

4 comments:

  1. Katie, these quilts are beautiful. Your friends are so blessed to have you as a friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts! I am sure they will love snuggling up to those blankets, remembering their babies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I'm sure these quilts will be perfect for your friends. Katie you always know what to do to help. You're such a sweetheart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. how sweet of you to do that. the quilts are so perfect! your friends will love them!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...