Wednesday, March 2, 2011

˚budgeting series-part 1˚ The Dave Ramsey Show

Is it weird that I get a little teary eyed when people call into the Dave Ramsey Radio show and do their debt free scream?

What? You don't know what I am talking about?

Dave Ramsey is the debt free man of the year. He puts on a radio show about how to get out of debt. He even provides baby steps for you to follow. Pretty cool job he has. Want to know more about it? Check it out here.

(And just so you know, I am not getting paid to share this info...just sharing what I listen to sometimes when I am needing a little company at home. Nerdy? Maybe a little.)

A big part of Dave Ramsey's program is budgeting. Ugg...Did I just say that on a blog? Lame. But...how would you like to:

 be filthy rich?
retire in style?
drive any car you want?
buy me a house with cash?
travel to Zambia to visit the giraffes?
donate enough money to save 1000 children?
remodel the house you haven't even purchased yet?
shop without worrying about how the heck you are going to pay for it?

Me! Choose me! (especially for the Zambia and save the children thing)

Budgeting can be fun. Really. I think many of us just have no idea where to start. So, in this little series I am going to show you the process I went through to create and (more importantly) live by a budget. It is kind of a game in this house.

I don't guarantee that this is the best way. It is just what works for us. So, check back every Wednesday for the budgeting series and start budgeting right along with the series.

*Update: click here to see part 2, part 3, part 4, part 5, part 6, part 7, and part 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...